Earlier it was reported that in connection with the termination of support for the Inmarsat D + standard, on the recommendation of the Department of the Ministry of Transport, Russia needed to replace the SSOO / LRIT terminals based on Inmarsat D +.
Until December 31, 2018, the last Inmarsat terminals operating according to the ISatM2M standard ( ISN "DST005xxxxxx"
) will be removed from support .
IsatM2M is a two-way packet messaging service that allows you to use a wide range of machine-to-machine applications to track and monitor remote fixed or mobile assets globally — whether on land, at sea, or in the air.
This service is based on Inmarsat D + and offers fast data transfer rates, faster responses to polling requests and a shorter time to first transmission.
Inmarsat ISatM2M equipment must be replaced with an approved one:
- Sailor 6110 GMDSS System / SSAS / LRIT (GMDSS, SSOO, LRIT)
- Sailor 6120 SSA / LRIT System (SSAS, LRIT)
- Sailor 6130 LRIT System (LRIT)
- JRC JUE-87 (GMDSS, SSAS, LRIT)
- JRC JUE-95LT (LRD)
- JRC JUE-95SA (CCOO)
- Furuno FELCOM-18 (GMDSS, SSOO, LRMP)
- Furuno FELCOM-19 (CCOO, LRTP)
- SAILOR TT-3000E Mini-C GMDSS (GMDSS, SSOO)