1. The warranty period of the equipment is 12 months from the date of installation (commissioning and signing of the Service Report on commissioning of equipment) or 18 months from the date of delivery, whichever comes first.
2. In the event of equipment malfunctions during the warranty period , NAVIGATION LLC, at its own expense, provides the Customer with the necessary materials and spare parts for replacement of defective parts and units, and also arranges for servicing in ports of call of the vessel on the following conditions:
2.1 Commissioning (commission testing) of equipment must be performed by the specialists of Svyaz and Radionavigation LLC or its authorized representative in strict accordance with the drawings, specifications and installation rules of the equipment manufacturer, and in accordance with the requirements of recognized classification societies. After the commissioning of the equipment, the Installation and Commissioning Report or Service Report is completed in two copies, one of which remains on the vessel and the second one is sent to NAVIGATION LLC .
2.2 Request for warranty repair must be in writing (in Russian) with a detailed description of the malfunction, as well as indicating when and by whom the installation was made, the serial number of the malfunctioning equipment and preliminary information on the movement of the vessel and contacts at the ports of call (ship's agent ).
2.3 The request for warranty repair is sent by the Customer to Svyaz and Radionavigation LLC . The date of acceptance of the request for warranty repair is the date of the official confirmation of the acceptance of the application for work.
2.4 In order to cover the expenses specified in clause 4, the repair center issues a shipyard account or shipowner's account through the company Svyaz and Radionavigation LLC .
3. The warranty does not cover faults caused by improper operation and transportation of equipment, as well as unqualified handling of equipment.
4. The guarantee does not include payment for transportation expenses, accommodation, waiting time for the vessel by service specialists when repairing or replacing equipment, as well as paying for underwater works.
5. Warranty obligations are terminated earlier than indicated period in cases: installation of equipment not in accordance with the manufacturer's manual, operation of equipment by unqualified personnel, unauthorized opening of equipment, repair or replacement of equipment units.
SAMPLE REQUEST FOR WARRANTY REPAIR:
THEN: Communication & Radionavigation
FAX: +7 (812) 679-09-10
ATTN: Service manager
WARRANTY CLAIM No. ... (assigned by the Customer)
PLEASE ARRANGE GUARANTEE REPAIR AS FOLLOWS:
SHIP'S NAME / IMO NUMBER: (ship name / IMO number)
SHIP'S OWNER: (name, address of shipowner)
NAME OF EQUIPMENT: (name of the defective equipment)
SERIAL NUMBER: (serial number of the defective equipment)
SOFTWARE VERSION: (software number of the defective equipment)
WAS INSTALLED BY: (by whom it was installed)
(In accordance with the Installation Report)
DATE OF COMMISSIONING: (the date of installation of the equipment)
DESCRIPTION OF FAULTY:
(Detailed description of the malfunction:
- test test results,
- error codes,
- interaction with other equipment,
- other useful information)
ETA / ETD (DATE, PORT): (port name and expected arrival and departure dates)
AGENT: (Agent data in port of call: name, address, telephone, fax)
NEXT PORT OF CALL: (Next ports of approach and approximate dates of calls)
NOTE: REQUEST FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS, INCLUDED IN ANY FORM OR ORAL EXPRESSION, IS NOT ACCEPTED BY THE EXECUTION.