The Russian Maritime Register of Shipping changed the procedure for the approval of radio and navigation equipment.
Currently, the following schemes for the approval of already ready equipment are being applied.
- In the presence of the Type Approval Certificate (STO) (Form 6.8.3) and the Inspection Agreement (form 430.1.7) concluded with the manufacturer, a Certificate is issued (SC, Form 6.5.31), certified by the manufacturer and the PC subdivision.
In cases where it is stated in the SRT that the product is delivered with a copy of the SRT, the set of documentation must contain a manufacturer's document drawn up in accordance with 4.5 of Part I "General Provisions on Technical Supervision" of the Rules for Technical Supervision over the Construction of Ships and the Manufacture of Shipboard Materials and Products Rules of TN).
- In the presence of the SRT and the absence of CO with the manufacturer, a Certificate (C, Form 6.5.30) issued by the PC subdivision at the request of the manufacturer or supplier authorized by the manufacturer in the scope of the requirements 4.1.1 of Part I "General Provisions on Technical Supervision" on the basis of positive test results of products under the approved program.
- Equipment that has a service station and is delivered to a ship without a Certificate (C, Form 6.5.30) or (C3, Form 6.5.31), must be certified by the PC subdivision in whose region the vessel is located. Wherein:
- for ships under construction, in the presence of a valid SRT, installation of equipment without a Certificate is allowed (C, Form 6.5.30) or (SZ, Form 6.5.31). In this case, the equipment is inspected during the mooring and running tests at the request of the shipyard or the equipment manufacturer, or the supplier of equipment authorized by the manufacturer to the extent of 4.1.1 of Part I "General Provisions for Technical Supervision" of the TN Rules for Approved Programs and taking into account the operating conditions of the vessel. The results of the survey are reflected in the Act (form 6.3.29). If the results are positive, a Certificate (C, Form 6.5.30) is issued.
- for ships in operation, if there is a valid SRT, installation of equipment without a Certificate is allowed (C, Form 6.5.30) or (SZ, Form 6.5.31). Examination of equipment should be carried out during an extraordinary survey of the vessel at the request of the shipowner. The results of the survey are reflected in the Act (form 6.3.10). If the results are positive, a Certificate (C, Form 6.5.30) is issued.
- in both cases, the results of instrumental control should be reflected in the relevant test reports and / or reports and presented to the PC inspector for subsequent application to the survey certificates.
RMRS Instructive Letter